You performed a search for: Subjects: Portuguese-speaking communities
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
|Record #||Organization / Program Name(s)||Address||Office Phone||Description||Hours||My List|
|CMH0140||Catholic Family Services of Peel Dufferin, Mississauga Office||The Emerald Business Centre
10 Kingsbridge Garden Cir, Ste 400
Mississauga, ON L5R 3K6
|905-897-1644||Catholic Family Services Peel-Dufferin (CFSPD) is a multi-service counselling agency offering:
* counselling services to families experiencing woman abuse
* support groups for women who have been assaulted by their partners
* specialized programs offered through the HEAL Network for children and adolescents exposed to woman abuse
* individual, couple and family programs
* programs for adults who have experienced childhood abuse * partner abuse programs
* workshops and groups for adolescents
* public education and outreach workshops for parents
Walk-in Counselling Clinic - for individuals, couples and families of all cultures and faiths * child-minding in Brampton and Mississauga * language specific services (call ahead for languages offered at each location) * Partner Assault Response (PAR) program – offered in Peel Region & Dufferin County * Peel Region - offers three multicultural groups and one culturally informed group serving men from the South Asian diaspora who are comfortable using Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu * multicultural group is offered in Dufferin County
Operates as a training facility offering master level students, in counselling programs, the opportunity for field placements and clinical experience * foreign trained counselling professionals seeking Canadian experience * post graduate counselors seeking AAMFT accreditation through the Practicum Training Program in Couple and Family Therapy
For more information about specific programs, see separate entries
Catholic Family Services Peel-Dufferin is an accredited organization with Family Services Ontario and a member agency of Catholic Charities
* Mon-Thur 8:30 - 9:00 p.m.
* Fri 8:30 - 4:30 p.m.
* Mon PAR Intake Walk-in, 9:00 - 7:30 p.m.
* Thurs Walk-in Counselling Clinic, 12:30 - 7:30 p.m.
* Tues Walk-in Counselling Clinic, 12:30 - 7:30 p.m.
|MAL0077||Portuguese Cultural Centre of Mississauga Inc||53 Queen St N
Mississauga, ON L5N 1A2
|905-286-1311||Portuguese cultural centre * social and recreational activities * cultural activities focus on preservation and development of Portuguese culture and promoting it to the youth of Portuguese descent * teaches Portuguese language, literature, geography and history * promotes sports activities * promotes good citizenship and integration into mainstream society * promotes youth activities * hall for rent (weddings, baptisms, reunions or theme parties)||Add Record|