Transitional Care Centre
|Record #: CWL0716||Last Modified: 05 Apr 2019||Last Full Update: 05 Apr 2019|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Caledon-Community-Services/174021567360
|Description & Services|
|Description||The centre operates 24.7.365 and serves individuals who are medically stable but require additional support in one of the following circumstances:
• Discharge from hospital and/or post-operative support
• Short stay respite support/caregiver relief
• Waiting for Long Term Care Placement (LTC) through the Wait at Home Program
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) work within the cozy three-bed, two bedroom facility to provide individualized attention and intensive support with all living activities including:
• medication reminders
• nutritious meals and snacks catered to each client’s dietary needs and restrictions
• case management and referrals
|Hours||Office: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
Service delivery: PSW Care - Daily 24 Hours
Visiting hours: Daily 10:30am-8:30pm
|Dates||Open: 365 days a year|
|Areas Served||Brampton ; Caledon ; Dufferin ; Residents of the Central West LHIN|
|Eligibility||Ages: 55 year(s) and up
Client Entry Criteria:
• Be 55 years of age or older.
• Have a permanent residence in the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
• Be able to transfer (move) with minimal assistance from one Personal Support Worker.
Be able to evacuate the premises in an emergency in accordance with Ontario Fire Code.
• Be able to walk independently or with assistance from Walker; not wheelchair accessible.
• Be medically stable; all acute health care needs must be met prior to admission.
• Be able to remain in the TCC safely; individuals who wander will not be admitted.
• Be free of communicable diseases including, but not limited to; MRSA or C-Diff.
• Have a realistic and attainable care plan with a discharge destination and date.
• Be able to direct their care.
• Have a support person who is available to transport them to appointments; deliver medications & personal belongings etc. while they are at the TCC.
|Application||Individuals seeking admission to the Transitional Care Centre can contact Caledon Community Services directly at 905-584-2300 ext. 225
Referrals from Hospital Discharge Planners and Central West LHIN Home and Community (CWLHINHC) Care Coordinators are also accepted at 905-584-2300 ext. 225
|Fees||Service - $45 per night; meals, telephone, cable television included|
|Languages||English ; Staff speak English. Person(s) who have an alternate primary language can be accommodated|
|Address & Map||
Pinnacle View Seniors' Residence Region of Peel
9 McClellan Road, Unit 105
Caledon, Alton Village, ON L7K 2N7
View Google Map
|Site Location||Located within a Peel Living Building (Buzz code 301)|
|Intersection||Highway 136 (Main St of Alton) and McClellan Rd|
|Transit Information||Serviced by CCS Transportation and Transhelp|
|Accessibility||Partially Accessible - Bathroom is not fully accessible|
|Mailing Address||c/o Anne McQuarrie
Royal Court Yards
18 King Street E
Caledon, ON L7E 1E8
|After Hours Phone||905-951-2300 ext 663|
|Primary Contact||Anne McQuarrie, Manager; Phone: 905-951-2300 ext 663; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Kim Shadlock, Senior Manager Health Services; Phone: 905-951-2300 ext 225; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Geraldine Aguiar, Director, Health Services; Phone: 905-951-2300 ext 266; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Monty Laskin, Executive Director|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Andrea Coles, Volunteer Specialist; Phone: 905-584-2300 ext 277|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial - Central West LHIN ; Fees - Program|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Caregiver relief ; Respite care ; Seniors|