Youth Without Shelter
|Record #: CDR0240||Last Modified: 12 Feb 2016||Last Full Update: 12 Feb 2016|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Youth-Without-Shelter-YWS/111734105730?sk=wall
|Description & Services|
|Description||Youth Without Shelter is an emergency residence and referral agency serving homeless youth (16-24yrs), providing food, board, and programs in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
Programs and services include:
* CRISIS PHONE LINE: Counselling and referrals are available 24 hours a day 416-748-0110
* RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM: provides food, board, counseling, and referrals to health (physical, dental, optical), legal, and other services.
* STEPS TO SUCCESS PROGRAM: Workshops are run 7 days a week on issues pertaining to life skills (anger management, conflict resolution, budgeting, cooking) and employment skills (job searching skills, resume- and cover-letter writing, interviewing, job retention).
* HOUSING PROGRAM: Includes workshops and counseling on tenant rights, living with roommates, finding housing, etc. Helps clients coordinate move-ins and is often able to provide donated furniture and kitchen goods. Housing Program workers liaise with landlords and assist in housing searches and placements.
* STAY-IN-SCHOOL: Designed to support younger residents through the successful completion of their education. Residence, study space, meals, and school supplies are provided.
* EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM: Provides dedicated counselling for employment assessments; job search; resume writing; interview skill development; and connection to career and shadowing and volunteer opportunities.
* CONTINUING SUPPORT: Offers support to former residents through The Supper Club that meets every other week, offering dinner, a take-home food package, hygiene products, and counseling. Counseling, referral services, and workshops are all made available to former residents.
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Greater Toronto Area - including Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 24 year(s)
|Application||Client must complete telephone intake before coming to shelter|
|Address & Map||
6 Warrendale Crt
Etobicoke, ON M9V 1P9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Albion Rd and Kipling Ave|
|Accessibility||Partially Accessible - Accessible accommodation available on the main floor of the shelter.|
|Alternate Contact||Art Tsang, Planning and Evaluation Manager; Phone: 416-748-0110 ext 24; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Wendy Horton, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Judy Leroux, Development Manager; Phone: 416-748-0110 ext 26; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Mike Burnett, Volunteer & Education Facilitator; Phone: 416-748-0110 ext 39; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Toronto ; United Way|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Conflict resolution ; Counselling ; Distress lines ; Education ; Employment ; Homeless people ; Housing ; Information and referral ; Landlord and tenant rights ; Life skills training ; Nutrition ; Shelters ; Young adults ; Youth|