OEYC - Mississauga East
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre
|Record #: CDR0009||Last Modified: 27 Sep 2016||Last Full Update: 20 Apr 2016|
|Social Media||Website: www.dixiebloor.ca|
|Description & Services|
|Description||The Ontario Early Years Centre offers a range of free education and parenting services for all parents/caregivers and their children (up to 6yrs).
* Family time (0-6yrs) A program for parents/caregivers and their children(0-6 years) that focuses on promoting positive child development in informal relaxed environment.
* Adjustments after birth: a drop in, non-professional peer support for mothers experiencing Postpartum Mood adjustments.
* Baby Playtime (0-18mths) A program for parents to explore early learning activities and network with other parents and caregivers.
*Book-Making an interactive group experience for parents and their children which focus on rhymes, songs and stories to motivate children to become mini authors.
* Explore our World (3,5-6yrs) A fun and exploitative program for families with children that build on children's natural curiosities and appreciation of the natural world.
* Family Move and Groove (0-6yrs) An interactive program to introduce children to the concepts of music, movement and creative play, which encourages listening and language skills, imitation and gross motor development.
* Letters and Sounds (3,5-6yrs) A program for families with children where they engage in a variety of activities that facilitate the learning of letters of the alphabet, which are used in fun and interactive ways to facilitate further learning at the families' homes.
* Math is Everywhere (3-6yrs) A program for families with children that fosters a positive attitude towards mathematics by engaging in a variety of developmentally appropriate play activities.
* Mother Goose (0-12mths) An interactive program for families with babies that facilitates positive bonding and attachment, which is vital to the ongoing healthy development of the parent/child relationship.
* Little Chefs (3,5-6yrs) A fun and social program that provides children with hands on cooking experience.
*Toddler Time a program for parents/caregivers and their toddlers 19–30 months. This program uses arts and crafts, structured activities and circle/story time.
* School Here I Come Children ( 3,5 – 6 yrs.) going to kindergarten will spend time in a setting similar to that of a Kindergarten This is an 6-week program for children entering Kindergarten the following September.
*Reading Circle a program for parents and children (0-6 years) to promote love for books and discover the joy of reading, literacy through songs, rhymes and story books.
*Nobody's Perfect a program for parents/caregivers with children (0-5 years) that emphasizes the many styles and ways of parenting, as opposed to teaching one "right" way.
*Make the Connection a 9 weeks baby program ( 0-2 years) to help strengthen the parent -infant relationship.
*Baby Love/Let's talk about Babies a parenting group for parents with babies ( 6 weeks to 12 months). This is a Hospital for Sick Children research project that compares two approaches to supporting parents with infants to navigate the first year as caregivers.
2 Satellite Locations:
*Brian W. Fleming Public School, 3255 Havenwood Dr, Mississauga, ON L4A3A9
* Dixie Bloor OEYC , 3650 Dixie Road, Suite 103, Mississauga, ON L4Y3Y9
|Hours||Call for schedules and hours or check our website.|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) and under
Parents and Caregivers with children (up to 6yrs)
|Address & Map||
Tomken Middle School South building
3160 Tomken Rd
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2Y6
View Google Map
|Intersection||North of Dundas St E and South of Bloor|
|Office Phone||905-276-6392 ext 221|
|Primary Contact||Irene Malikov, Referral and Information Administrator, Dixie Bloor Early Years Centre; Phone: ext 221; Fax: 905-276-1092; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Magdalena Diaz, Manager Community and Family Services, Dixie Bloor Early Years Centre; Phone: ext 224; Email: email@example.com|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Crafts ; Drop-in centres ; Early childhood education ; Information and referral ; Learning centres ; Literacy ; Nutrition ; Parent and child programs ; Parenting support ; Postnatal care ; Pregnancy ; Prenatal care ; Preschool children ; Teen mothers ; Toy libraries|