|Record #: CWL0317||Last Modified: 26 Mar 2015||Last Full Update: 26 Mar 2015|
|Social Media||Website: www.dixoncommunity.com/|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Programs and Services offered:
Dixon Employment Resource Centre -
* Job Search and Employment Services
* computers equipped with high speed internet,
* phone lines, faxes, photo copiers and printers.
* employment related workshops
Informed Parents Program
* for immigrants to provide on-going training and information sessions
* teach parents how to effectively access the various systems
* Workshops and seminars
Home Work Club
* Provides free assistance to students
* students from families with low income.
* special emphasis on assistance in the area of Math, Science and Reading.
The Home work Club operates 3 evenings a week, from 5.00 pm-7.00 pm.
* Work Assistance Program
* for welfare recipients,
* participants will gain self-esteem and experience.
* Seminars are held in resume writing, interviewing, basic computer training.
Learning Bond and Canada Education Savings Grant
* one-on-one counselling to parents to educate them on.
|Areas Served||Etobicoke North - Dixon Corridor|
|Languages||English ; Somali|
|Address & Map||
557 Dixon Road, Unit 125
Etobicoke, ON M9W 6K1
View Google Map
|Intersection||Kipling Ave and Dixon Rd|
|Primary Contact||Omar Warfa, Executive Director; Phone: 416-243-5154; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Educational programs ; Employee assistance ; Immigrants ; Job search training ; Volunteering|