Centre for Career and Employment Services
|Record #: CWL0154||Last Modified: 28 Dec 2018||Last Full Update: 28 Dec 2018|
|Social Media||Website: www.georgianc.on.ca/dufferinjobs/|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Georgian College operates Centres for Career and Employment Community Services in Barrie, Orillia and Orangeville. These centres are funded by Employment Ontario.
Jobs for Youth
1. Summer jobs
2. Youth Job Link is designed to help youth, including students, aged 15 to 29, who could benefit from some extra help to plan their careers and transition to the labour market.
Youth Job Link provides three categories of employment services, each of which is available year-round. They are:
• Career exploration services to increase knowledge of career options and support career decision-making;
• Career management services to improve readiness for the labour market
• Job search, readiness and matching assistance to connect youth with employers offering employment opportunities, including summer jobs
3. Experience Ontario is a pilot program for a limited number of recent high school graduates who have an interest in attending postsecondary education or apprenticeship training, but are uncertain of their next steps. This is part of the Ontario government’s plan to support a highly skilled workforce.
4. Youth Job Connection-provides youth aged 15-29 who need support for job-readiness and job placement. Participants will gain the skills for permanent work positions through job focused workshops while earning minimum wage.
5. Step Up- program assists youth under 30, to develop life and employability skills required to obtain and maintain employment.
• Earn while you learn and a bonus upon completion
• Explore your career choices
• Learn problem-solving, life skills and personal management
• Connect with local employers and find out how to get hired
Call 519-942-9986, ext. 5641 to register for the next information session.
|Areas Served||Dufferin County ; Grand Valley ; Orangeville ; Shelburne|
|Address & Map||
30 Centre Street
Orangeville, ON L9W 2X1
View Google Map
|Intersection||Centre St and Broadway|
|Office Phone||519-942-9986 ext 5641|
|Primary Contact||Brenda F Burman, Manager - Employment Programs; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Provincial - Employment Ontario ; Federal - Government of Canada|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Employment agencies ; Job search training ; Life skills training ; Resumes ; Youth|