Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
|Record #: CDR1034||Last Modified: 16 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 16 Jul 2018|
|Social Media|| Twitter: twitter.com/MississaugaSnow?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
|Description & Services|
|Description||A windrow is the snow left at the end of a driveway after a snow plow has cleared a road. The Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program is available to seniors (65 years or older) and people with physical disabilities living in Mississauga who would like assistance to clear space in their windrow.
Participants will receive windrow clearing services after roads are plowed throughout the winter. A space of about 3 m (10 ft) wide will be cleared to allow space for one car to pass.
The cost of the program is $200. This amount is non-refundable. Some residents may be eligible to participate in the program free of charge if they meet financial assistance criteria.
Participation is available to 300 residents on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are accepted between August and November each year for the upcoming winter. For specific application dates, eligibility requirements and financial assistance criteria, visit www.mississauga.ca/snow.
|Eligibility||The program is open to residents of Mississauga who are:
• Seniors 65 years or older in the application year; and
• People with physical disabilities, as verified by a regulated health professional
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
• There are no able-bodied persons living at the same residence where driveway windrow snow clearing assistance is required.
• The applicant does not live in a high-rise, multi-unit building, condominium or within a commercial property.
• The applicant does not reside on a private road.
• Only one person per address can participate in the program.
|Fees||Service ; The cost of the program is $200. Some residents may be eligible to participate in the program free of charge if they meet financial assistance criteria.|
Outside of city limits 905-615-4311
|Funding||City / Town|
|Service Level||(10) Local Government|
|Subjects||Disabilities ; Seniors ; Snow removal|