Community Employment Services
|Record #: CDR0826||Last Modified: 20 Apr 2020||Last Full Update: 20 Apr 2020|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/sheridaninstitute
|Description & Services|
|Alternate Name||Canada-Ontario Job Grant ; EAS ; Employment Assistance Service ; Employment Ontario ; Second Career ; SJS ; Summer Job Service ; Youth Employment Fund|
|Description||Comprehensive employment and job search services.
* assessment of skills, interests and experience
* job search strategies, including resume and interviewing preparation
* information about careers and occupations, local labour market, employment and training opportunities
* on-the-job training, work experience
* help in maintaining employment* information and referral to other employment and community services.
Second Career Program - skills training and financial support for laid off workers.
Services for employers
*help in identifying their human resource skill requirements
* matching of workplace needs to workers' skills, capabilities, interests and experience
* support for developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements to support retention
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
*financial support for individual employers to purchase training for their employees
* available to small, medium and large businesses planning to deliver short-term training for existing or new employees
|Areas Served||Brampton ; Caledon|
|Eligibility||Self-service information and resources -- anyone, including people with jobs, those who are under-employed, people looking for work, students, apprentices, internationally trained individuals, employers.
Assisted services (such as supported job search, job matching and placement, job retention services) -- people who are unemployed and out of school.
Employers can get help in identifying their human resource skill requirements, matching of position/workplace needs to participants' skills, capabilities, interests and experience, and support for developing on-the-job training plans and monitoring of placements to support success and retention.
Employers interested in the Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG) contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
|Application||Call or drop in
For general information on Employment Ontario services call the toll-free Employment Ontario hotline at 1-800-387-5656 (TTY 1-866-533-6339) or visit here http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/etlanding.html www.ontario.ca/employmentontario.
|Address & Map|
|Intersection||West Dr and Clark Blvd (between Dixie Rd and Hwy 410)|
|Office Phone||905-459-7533 ext 5307|
|Primary Contact||Sobia Tabassum; Phone: ext 5307|
|Primary Executive||Susan Carpenter, Manager, Sheridan Community Employment Services; Phone: 905 459-7533 ext 8044; Email: email@example.com|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government ; (50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Employment ; Job search training ; Students ; Temporary employment|