Central West Specialized Developmental Services
|Record #: CDR0372||Last Modified: 15 Jan 2019||Last Full Update: 15 Jan 2019|
|Social Media||Website: www.cwsds.ca/|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a not-for-profit organization providing a wide range of services to individuals with developmental disabilities in Central West Region (Dufferin, Halton, Peel, Waterloo and Wellington).
An elected volunteer board of directors is responsible for the governance of Central West Specialized Developmental Services.
Central West Specialized Developmental Services' residential services are located around a central administration and recreation building in downtown Oakville. CWSDS also operates eight community homes.
* Residential Services and Day Programs: Support individuals at 53 Bond St. and in community homes. Day Programs are provided at multiple locations;
* Respite Program: Serves individuals with multiple needs, ranging in age from five years to adulthood. Provides non-emergency respite for families and caregivers. This recreational focused program takes into consideration the needs of the individuals utilizing the program;
* Halton Support Services: Provides service coordination, respite and other community based services to individuals and caregivers residing in Halton Region;
* Dual Diagnosis Service: Provides consultation, assessment, treatment planning, support and education to caregivers and individuals with a dual diagnosis who live in the Central West Region;
Short Term Assessment and Treatment Environment: Provides a short term assessment and treatment environment for individuals with a dual diagnosis. A multidisciplinary team will assess the individual and develop a treatment plan that will assist in integrating the individual back into their community;
* Central West Region Passport: Administers the program which provides opportunities for individuals who have a developmental disability to participate in their communities;
* Central West Community Network of Specialized Care: Works with Central West Region community partners to develop, coordinate and streamline access to specialized resources;
* Central West Region Video Conferencing: Provides video conferencing opportunities for the community.
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Oakville ; Peel Region ; Halton, Dufferin, Wellington, Peel and Waterloo counties|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
For Respite: Age 5 years and up;
|Address & Map||
53 Bond Street
Oakville, ON L6K 1L8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Bond St and Wilson St|
|Primary Contact||James Duncan, Executive Director|
|Alternate Contact||Lisa Cranstoun, Executive Coordinator; Phone: ext 322; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Alfred Barretto; Phone: ext 232; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Autism ; Developmental disabilities ; Dual diagnosis disabilities ; Residential care ; Respite care|