Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga Hospital
Family Care Centre, Women's Health Services, Prenatal Assessment
|Record #: CDR0229||Last Modified: 14 Nov 2016||Last Full Update: 14 Nov 2016|
|Social Media||Website: www.trilliumhealthcentre.org/programs_services/womens_childrens_services/womensHealth/birthing_services/register_to_have_baby.php|
|Description & Services|
Preparing for your birth begins with a visit to your doctor to confirm your pregnancy. To have your baby at our centre, your doctor must have privileges to deliver babies here. We do not offer prenatal classes or education at Trillium Health Partners and have partnered with the Region of Peel Public Health department. More information can be found here: http://www.peelregion.ca/health/family-health/during-pregnancy/classes-programs/index.htm or you can call 905-799-7700.
Prenatal Service Department offers a wide range of support services to assist you and your partner throughout your pregnancy.
These services include:
* Prenatal Registration Session: 3 hour teaching session with a brief nurse assessment and prenatal tour. Information covered in this session consists of: nutritional awareness, early labour signs, when to come to hospital, what to bring to hospital, labour support and pain relief options. During this session, the RN will briefly review your history and discuss any additional resources you may require.
* Vaginal Birth after a Caesarean Section Clinic: Can I have a vaginal birth this time if my last baby was born by a C/S? Yes you can attempt a Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section if you have had only one Caesarean Section
* A referral to the VBAC Clinic (Vaginal birth After Caesarean) Clinic will be considered by your Doctor or Midwife based on the following criteria: two years since your last birth and previous birth Records are available
* Special Pregnancy Clinic: Offers care closer to home for those women requiring a high-risk consultation with a perinatologist. This is a collaborative practice model with obstetricians at Trillium Health Centre and Mount Sinai Hospital.
* Neonatal Consultation Clinic: Offers consultation with a neonatologist in the prenatal period for: parents whose infants may require the services of the Intensive Care Nursery, or parents who may have questions regarding implications of maternal illness or fetal anomaly on ultrasound.
|Hours||Prenatal Assessment: day, evening and weekend appointments are available. Call for hours|
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Peel Region ; Toronto|
|Eligibility||Pregnant women delivering at the Trillium Health Centre between 16 - 32 weeks pregnant|
|Application||Call our booking line in the Family Care Centre once your physician or midwife has provided you with a prenatal package.|
|Fees||Service - $85 if no health coverage|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Limited languages|
|Address & Map||
100 Queensway W
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Queensway W and Hurontario St (Hwy 10)|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Childbirth ; Information and referral ; Nutrition ; Pregnancy ; Prenatal care ; Social work services|