Our Place (Peel)
Our Place Peel Emergency Youth Shelter, Our Place Peel - Transitional Program
|Record #: CDR0172||Last Modified: 07 Oct 2014||Last Full Update: 07 Oct 2014|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Place-Peel/127995940603120
|Description & Services|
|Description||14-bed emergency youth shelter provides crisis counseling and referral services within a supportive environment for young people (16-21yrs). The shelter, located in Mississauga, offers assistance by trained staff (Mon-Sun 24 hours).
The length of stay is three weeks.
The goals of the Emergency Youth Shelter are:
* To provide safe shelter and crisis counseling to homeless youth within their community, enabling them to remain close to family, friends, school and employment contacts.
* To facilitate family reconciliation, if feasible.
* To make referrals to ongoing clinical support and necessary counseling.
* To help youth take responsibility for themselves, their actions, behavior and future within a supportive environment.
Provides access to a RESOURCE ROOM offering: Computer and Internet Access; Job Search Support; Job Skills Training and Development; Educational and Future Planning.
The Transitional Program is located on the lower
level of the Emergency Youth Shelter
Youth ages 16-21 are eligible to participate in the
• Youth are able to stay in the Transitional Program for up
to 3 months, extensions may be approved for longer stays.
• Youth within the Transitional Program participate in
a comprehensive case management program, with
mandatory programs to assist them in developing all
aspects of their life.
• Youth within the Transitional Program may be asked to
pay rent based upon their income.
• There are 6 beds in the Transitional Program. Youth within
the program share a room with one other resident.
• The Transitional Program is a co-operative living
environment and all residents within the program will
participate in various chores.
|Hours||* Office Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
* Youth shelter Mon -Sun 24 hours
* Transitional Hours Mon - Fri 9am to 4pm
|Areas Served||Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 21 year(s)|
|Application||Self referral; referrals can be made by calling 905-238-1383|
|Address & Map||
3579 Dixie Rd
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2B3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Dixie Rd and Burnhamthorpe Rd E|
|Transit Information||26 Burnhamthorpe or 5 Dixie|
|Mailing Address||c/o Our Place Peel
1325 Eglinton Avenue E, 214
Mississauga, ON L4W 4L9
|Office Phone||*Administration 905 614-1215
*Emergency Youth Shelter 905-238-1383
|After Hours Phone||905 238-1383|
|Primary Contact||Jen Lema, Shelter Manger, Our Place Peel; Phone: 905-238-1383 ext 41; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Kim Cho, Program Manager, Our Place Peel; Phone: 905-238-1383; Fax: 905-238-6916; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Christy Upshall, Executive Director, Our Place Peel; Phone: 905-614-1215 ext 201; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Peel Region ; Provincial - Ontario Ministry of Family, Community & Children's Services ; Donations ; United Way - Peel Region ; Foundation - Ontario Trillium Foundation ; Regional/Municipal - Peel Region; Donations; United Way - Peel Region|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Homeless people ; Information and referral ; Job search training ; Life skills training ; Residential care ; Volunteer opportunities ; Youth|