|Record #: CDR0109||Last Modified: 30 Dec 2020||Last Full Update: 30 Dec 2020|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/campooch
|Description & Services|
|Description||Camp Oochigeas is a privately funded, volunteer based organization that provides kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching experiences.
Camp programs include:
* Summer camp program - three two-week sessions for children (6-19yrs) with cancer
* Camp Teomul - a one-week session for bereaved siblings
* 7SCAPE - a one-week session for newly diagnosed teenagers
* Ooch Upstream - A two-week wilderness experience which allows teenagers to test limits and develop leadership skills in order to become strong, capable adults
* Weekends At Camp - seven family weekends at camp at various locations.
* In-City program which includes year-round community based programming; This program will allow our campers and children who are either too young or unable to attend summer camp, the opportunity to experience Ooch during the year. Ooch remains the only residential camp in Ontario to offer IV chemotherapy on site so even children in the intense phase of their cancer treatment can still experience camp.
In-Hospital Program: We currently have 5 In-Hospital Program Specialists who provide programming to in-patients and out-patients seven days a week. In addition there is programming four evenings a week led by Ooch volunteers.
* Teen and Leadership programs for youth 14-18yrs
|Hours||Office hours are Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm|
|Dates||Camp: eight weeks during July and August
SUMMER 2019 DATES
Overnight Camp (Ages 6 to 18)
*Teomul (for Bereaved Siblings) June 29 – July 6
*Session 1 July 8 – July 19
*Session 2 July 21 – August 1
*Session 3 August 4 – August 15
*7Scape (Ages 15 to 18) August 18 – August 24
*Overnight camper buses available from Toronto and Barrie for every session,and buses available from London, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Sudbury for specific sessions.
Day Camp (Markham) (Ages 4 to 7)
*Session 1 July 15 – July 26
*Session 2 July 29 – August 9
*Day Camp buses available daily within the Greater Toronto Area.
In-City Day Camp
*Toronto (Ages 8 to 14) August 19 – August 23
*Ottawa (Ages 4 to 14) August 19 – August 23
|Areas Served||Ontario ; Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 19 year(s)
Children who have cancer and bereaved siblings
|Application||Application forms available from camp office or through SickKids, 555 University Ave, Toronto * 416-813-1500|
|Fees||None - No fees for campers|
|Address & Map||
464 Bathurst Street E
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
View Google Map
|Site Location||Camp located in Muskoka; Office in Toronto|
|Intersection||Head Office: E of Yonge St|
|After Hours Phone||416-961-6624 Answering machine|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-464-6624|
|Primary Executive||Alex Robertson, Executive Director; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Ashley Hilkewich, Chief Development Officer; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Private - and corporate ; Foundation ; Receives no government funding|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Camping ; Camps ; Cancer|