- Step 1: To review any of the roles below in more detail, click on the “Position Title” link.
- Step 2: To show the respective organization of your interest to volunteer for the role, click on the button titled "Yes, I’d Like to Volunteer" which appears at the top of the posting.
- Step 3: Provide your contact information in the referral form and a summary of your skills. Then press "submit". This form will be sent directly to the organization and generally you should receive a response within 7 business days.
- Step 4: Note that some organizations may require you to also provide a resume or to complete a volunteer intake/application form.
You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For|
|Donor Recognition Coordinator||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||- Contact donors by phone to thank them for contributions and provide agency program updates.
- Volunteers will be making friendly calls to donors and will not be soliciting for support or donations.
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|Black Community Advisory Council Mentors||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||- This is a traditional Big Brother/Big Sister match.
- But there will be group outings planned once a month providing unique opportunities.
- Littles will be ages 12-17 and we are currently seeking black volunteers 18 and older that have a vehicle.
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|Between Generations Mentor||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||Elementary girls and boys are matched with a caring senior mentor. Matches meet for one hour each week during school hours and on school property to share in fun activities.||Family Group|
|Big Bunch Volunteer||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||Our wait list program for children waiting for our One-to-One or Group Mentoring Program. The agency plans three to four outings per month. Volunteers sign up to bring children to at least one outing per month. Activities include sporting events, bowling, multicultural evenings, crafts, movies and more.||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group ; Corporate Team/Group|
|Conversation Club Mentor||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||The Conversation Club is a mentoring program for newcomer youth funded by Citizen and Immigration Canada and offered in partnership with the Peel District School Board, Centre for Education and Training and Meadowvale Library, City of Mississauga and the Mississauga Mandarin Association. This after school program connects newcomer youth (12-18) with volunteer mentors (16-24). Newcomer youth mentees meet with their volunteer mentors in a group setting for one hour each week to practice English conversation and presentation skills, address homework concerns and learn about Canada.||Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24)|
|Group Mentor||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||Five volunteers mentor 10 children on a weekly basis during the school year from September-June in local schools throughout the Peel Region. Groups participate in fun and skill-based activities. Outing costs are covered by the agency. Activities include floor hockey and sports, community tours, swimming and more.||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group ; Corporate Team/Group|
|In-School Mentor||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||In partnership with the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board this program matches elementary girls and boys with a caring adult mentor. Matches meet for one hour each week during school hours and on school property to share in fun activities.||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Corporate Team/Group|
|Big Brother or Big Sister (One to One Friendship Program)||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||Our most recognized program matches a Big Brother or Big Sister who are 18 years of age or older with a child between the ages of 6 to 17 years. The match plans two to four outings a month for at least one year. Matches are encouraged to plan fun and low cost activities as they build their friendship.||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group ; Corporate Team/Group|
|Go Girls Volunteer||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||A school-based mentoring program for girls Grades 7 and 8 promoting active living, balanced eating and positive self esteem. Female Mentors aged 18 to 25 years of age are trained to lead the fun and interactive sessions over 7 weeks.||Young Adult (19 to 24)|