- Step 1: To review any of the roles below in more detail, click on the “Position Title” link.
- Step 2: To show the respective organization of your interest to volunteer for the role, click on the button titled "Yes, I’d Like to Volunteer" which appears at the top of the posting.
- Step 3: Provide your contact information in the referral form and a summary of your skills. Then press "submit". This form will be sent directly to the organization and generally you should receive a response within 7 business days.
- Step 4: Note that some organizations may require you to also provide a resume or to complete a volunteer intake/application form.
You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Volunteer MBC, Brampton Centre
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For|
|Change The World, Program Assistant||Volunteer MBC, Brampton Centre||- Research opportunities to promote the Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge.
- Phone/email organizations/schools/youth clubs to inform them about the Challenge and ways to get involved.
- Liaise throughout the Challenge with participating organizations, schools, youth clubs, etc.
- Conduct presentations and displays.
- Reply to inquiries (either by telephone, in person or via email).
- Coordinate team of volunteers for specific events (scheduling, confirmations, follow ups, etc...).
- Liaise closely with Volunteer MBC's youth group.
- Collect results from all stakeholders to generate reports.
|Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24)|
|Sponsorship Officer - Events Committee||Volunteer MBC, Brampton Centre||The Sponsorship Officer is responsible for securing sponsorship funding and/or in-kind donations for Volunteer MBC events from various sources.
- Identify, suggest, and pursue sponsorship/in-kind opportunities for the committee
- Develop event sponsorship agreements in collaboration with the Staff Liaison
- Contribute to event discussions during meetings
- Provide monthly updates regarding event sponsorship efforts
- Attend meetings via Skype or in person at the Volunteer MBC - Brampton Centre
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|Volunteer Ambassador||Volunteer MBC, Brampton Centre||Are you a social butterfly? Enjoy meeting new people and helping them find ways to get involved in their community? This is the role for you!
At Volunteer MBC, one of our key roles is to help connect people who want to volunteer with the community agencies who are looking for volunteers. This role plays an integral role in making that happen!
Either at a display at a volunteer fair, or to a group giving a presentation, your role is to help inspire people to become more engaged and help them understand how Volunteer MBC will support them in their journey.
As an Ambassador, we will ask you for a few things:
- Responding to booth/display requests from Volunteer MBC
- Deliver, set-up and staff booth/display at specific locations
- Be able to answer questions from the public and refer individuals back to Volunteer MBC, where appropriate
- Present an overview to Volunteer MBC and the importance of volunteering to various groups (i.e. youth, older adults, newcomers, etc.)
- Be a voice for volunteerism in the community
- Bring your enthusiasm and interest in volunteering to the community and have fun being a part of this dynamic team!
- We will provide you with training and support
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group ; Corporate Team/Group|
|Volunteer Engagement Assistant||Volunteer MBC, Brampton Centre||This volunteer position is ideal for someone with human resources, or job developer skills/background. Placement students in courses/programs that encompass the duties of this role are also welcome to apply for this volunteer position.
The primary role of this position is to successfully match potential volunteers with community agencies, this position will review client information provided in “Volunteer Opportunity Forms (VORFs)” and provide referrals to Volunteer MBC member organizations who are requesting for volunteer assistance.
- Review "Volunteer Opportunity Request Forms (VORF)" and conduct research for local volunteer opportunities based on the clients’ skills, strengths, talents and qualifications. A sample of the VORF is available in our website.
- Provide referrals to clients in accordance with Volunteer MBC established timelines.
- Input data and update the Referral Management System (at present a Microsoft Access database).
- Communicate information related to the referral process, with clients via e-mail, post, phone call, face to face and/or fax.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries via e-mail, post, phone, fax and in person.
- Assist walk-in and phone-in clients to brows our online database to search for volunteer opportunities.
- Assist the Referral Specialist with the periodical follow up of clients’ progress in their search for volunteer opportunities.
- Take part in the training and development programs that will be organized for the enhancement of skills required by the role.
Interested volunteers must also attend the Information Session:
- Date: To be notified
- Time: To be notified
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|