- Step 1: To review any of the roles below in more detail, click on the “Position Title” link.
- Step 2: To show the respective organization of your interest to volunteer for the role, click on the button titled "Yes, I’d Like to Volunteer" which appears at the top of the posting.
- Step 3: Provide your contact information in the referral form and a summary of your skills. Then press "submit". This form will be sent directly to the organization and generally you should receive a response within 7 business days.
- Step 4: Note that some organizations may require you to also provide a resume or to complete a volunteer intake/application form.
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Support Group Facilitation
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For|
|Postpartum Support - Incoming and Outgoing Telephone Support||Spectra Community Support Services||Spectra Community Support Services is a non-profit, multicultural organization providing free, caring and confidential incoming and outgoing telephone support services.
For this particular role, volunteer duties include:
- Provide listening and emotional support, information and resources to new and expectant mothers/ families dealing with perinatal depression and anxiety
- Call parents on a regular basis who are registered in the Postpartum check in program.
|Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|Support Group Facilitator||Lighthouse Program for Grieving Children||Co-facilitation of support groups for bereaved children, teens or adults||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group|
|Volunteer Support Worker||Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre||- Deliver a support service to persons with severe disabilities wishing to participate in activities organized by Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre
- Meet with service coordinator to assess the individual’s needs in relation to the particular activity involved
- Meet the client and his or her caregiver/support person at the designated location, date and time
- Discuss newly identified needs of the individual with the caregiver
- Facilitate the client's involvement in the activities, according to his or her abilities and wishes
- Modify the activities of the client as appropriate to promote his or her enjoyment
- Assist on-site staff as required
- Document clients' activities, duties performed, and any observations and concerns
- Contact service coordinator to review the event within 2 working days of the activity
|Adult (24+) ; Family Group|