You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Patient Support
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
Spiritual Care Volunteer [ More info ]
- Providing spiritual support to client and/or family;
- Provide weekly visit with client and/or family;
When assigned to a client/family duties may include:
- Playing music, reading spiritual or holy books, praying, taking walks, specific rituals, chatting, meditation, reflections, funeral conversations, etc, as per the direction of the client;
- Provide a non-discriminating, non-judgmental atmosphere for the client/family to discuss their reactions and values related to spirituality, religion, death, dying, funerals, cultural practices, and belief systems while not imposing one’s own faith/beliefs/opinions on others.
Note: At least one year of experience as a Hospice In-Home Volunteer is a pre-requisite for this volunteer position.
Heart House Hospice
In Home Client Volunteer [ More info ]
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete 30 hour training program (missed classes to be made up) and participate in on-going education opportunities
- Make a commitment of at least 3 to 4 hours per week for a one year period
- ESPECIALLY LOOKING FOR THOSE AVAILABLE DURING THE DAY MONDAY TO FRIDAY!!
When assigned to a client/family duties "May" include:
- Providing support and companionship to client and/or family
- Providing transportation to medical treatment appointments or shopping errands
- Providing respite for caregiver
- Assisting client with activities of daily living
- Providing care/comfort measures such as complementary therapies - Reiki, TT
- Follow all visiting protocol as per policies and procedures
- If providing transportation, to carry a minimum of $1 million third party liability
- Maintain monthly contact with the Hospice office
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ask for assistance if help or support or additional information is required
- Comply with the fragrance-free and smoke-free environment policy
- Submit monthly reports recording all contacts and visits with client/family, observations, mileage, etc.
Heart House Hospice
Kitchen Volunteer [ More info ]
- Assist with food preparation following meal plans, under the direction of the Kitchen Coordinator
- Ensures presentation of food is attractive and quality of food meets hospice standards
- Assist with preparation of meal trays and plating of meals
- Work as a part of a transdisciplinary team
- Assist delivering meals to residents and removing trays from resident rooms
- Assist with food storage according to food safety standards
- Prepare snacks and tea and coffee as required
Volunteer Visiting [ More info ]
*PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE PROGRAM FOR THE PEEL COMMUNITY SUPPORTS DEPARTMENT*
The purpose of the Volunteer Visiting Program is to improve the health and well-being of isolated seniors and adults with disabilities living in the community; and to provide occasional relief for caregivers, in order to maintain clients’ independent functioning in the community for as long as possible.
A volunteer visitor offers support and social interaction to an isolated individual through regular friendly visits at the client’s home or out in the community, encouraging active and independent living. Activities may include: playing board games or cards, having a cup of tea or coffee, crafts, going for a walk, going shopping, or simply having a friendly chat.
- ORIENTATION WILL BE CONDUCTED May 16, 2013 AT 10am-12pm or 6-8pm.
- Registration required. Please contact RAVINA BOODHOO for more information and reserve your space. 905-821-3254 X 4221
- ORIENTATION located at 78 William Street, Mississauga, ON L5M 1J3
Victorian Order of Nurses, Peel Region, Community Health & Support Services
Volunteer Driver [ More info ]
The purpose of the role is to provide escorted transportation to our clients.
Duties of the role;
To pick up individuals at the appointed time, escort to the car, accompany them to their appointment/destination, and return to their home
This volunteer opportunity exist throughout the year.
Dorothy Ley Hospice (The)
Friendly Visitor / Literacy Tutor to 61 yr old lady [ More info ]
Female volunteer to visit with this lady who has a mild developmental delay, attend community outings, i.e. swimming at community centre, also to assist her with working on her grade 5-6 level math, reading & spelling workbooks.
Client's interests: Working on her workbooks, learning to use the computer, knitting.
Mary Centre of the Archdiocese of Toronto, Brampton
Peer Support [ More info ]
Individuals with a personal experience with cancer can use their experience to support others.
Wellspring Chinguacousy, Support Centre for Cancer Patients & Caregivers, Brampton
Volunteer Driver [ More info ]
- Respond to requests for rides from our Transportation dispatcher
- Pick-up clients from their homes and transport them to their cancer treatments at Credit Valley Hospital, Brampton Civic, Trillium or downtown Toronto hospitals (able to choose which of these you are willing to transport clients to)
Canadian Cancer Society, Georgetown Dufferin Peel Unit