You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Hospital/Institutional Visit
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
Spiritual Care Volunteer [ More info ]
- Providing spiritual support to client and/or family;
- Provide weekly visit with client and/or family;
When assigned to a client/family duties may include:
- Playing music, reading spiritual or holy books, praying, taking walks, specific rituals, chatting, meditation, reflections, funeral conversations, etc, as per the direction of the client;
- Provide a non-discriminating, non-judgmental atmosphere for the client/family to discuss their reactions and values related to spirituality, religion, death, dying, funerals, cultural practices, and belief systems while not imposing one’s own faith/beliefs/opinions on others.
Note: At least one year of experience as a Hospice In-Home Volunteer is a pre-requisite for this volunteer position.
Heart House Hospice
Kitchen Volunteer [ More info ]
- Assist with food preparation following meal plans, under the direction of the Kitchen Coordinator
- Ensures presentation of food is attractive and quality of food meets hospice standards
- Assist with preparation of meal trays and plating of meals
- Work as a part of a transdisciplinary team
- Assist delivering meals to residents and removing trays from resident rooms
- Assist with food storage according to food safety standards
- Prepare snacks and tea and coffee as required
Friendly Visitor for a 67 yr Old Man [ More info ]
- Visit with this gentleman who has a developmental disability in his Long Term Care home, go for short walks, go out for coffee, or for a movie, or just sit and chat.
- This man has limited vision and hearing loss, also unstable mobility .
Mary Centre of the Archdiocese of Toronto, Brampton
Volunteer Driver [ More info ]
- Respond to requests for rides from our Transportation dispatcher
- Pick-up clients from their homes and transport them to their cancer treatments at Credit Valley Hospital, Brampton Civic, Trillium or downtown Toronto hospitals (able to choose which of these you are willing to transport clients to)
Canadian Cancer Society, Georgetown Dufferin Peel Unit