You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Hospice Care
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Spiritual Care Volunteer [ More info ]
- Providing spiritual support to client and/or family;
- Provide weekly visit with client and/or family;
When assigned to a client/family duties may include:
- Playing music, reading spiritual or holy books, praying, taking walks, specific rituals, chatting, meditation, reflections, funeral conversations, etc, as per the direction of the client;
- Provide a non-discriminating, non-judgmental atmosphere for the client/family to discuss their reactions and values related to spirituality, religion, death, dying, funerals, cultural practices, and belief systems while not imposing one’s own faith/beliefs/opinions on others.
Note: At least one year of experience as a Hospice In-Home Volunteer is a pre-requisite for this volunteer position.
Heart House Hospice
Volunteer Board Member [ More info ]
Board of Director Responsibilities includes:
- Participate in development of the strategic direction for the organization
- Monitor the organization’s performance to achieve the vision and mission of Bethell Hospice
- Assess financial viability and sustainability of the organization and participate in the approval of the budget
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings and participate on at least one standing committee of the Board, participate in annual, full day strategic session
- Prepare necessary policy and by-law amendments
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including community organizations, hospital representatives, provincial and municipal government representatives and funding agencies
- Collaborate with Bethell Hospice Foundation’s Board to assist in raising of funds for the organization
- Actively contribute to the functioning of the Board
If you are enthusiastic about making a difference, please forward your resume and letter of interest to;
- Nora Paradis
- by Friday, May 24, 2013.
- Interviews for selected candidates will take place in early June.
In Home Client Volunteer [ More info ]
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete 30 hour training program (missed classes to be made up) and participate in on-going education opportunities
- Make a commitment of at least 3 to 4 hours per week for a one year period
- ESPECIALLY LOOKING FOR THOSE AVAILABLE DURING THE DAY MONDAY TO FRIDAY!!
When assigned to a client/family duties "May" include:
- Providing support and companionship to client and/or family
- Providing transportation to medical treatment appointments or shopping errands
- Providing respite for caregiver
- Assisting client with activities of daily living
- Providing care/comfort measures such as complementary therapies - Reiki, TT
- Follow all visiting protocol as per policies and procedures
- If providing transportation, to carry a minimum of $1 million third party liability
- Maintain monthly contact with the Hospice office
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ask for assistance if help or support or additional information is required
- Comply with the fragrance-free and smoke-free environment policy
- Submit monthly reports recording all contacts and visits with client/family, observations, mileage, etc.
Heart House Hospice
Kitchen Volunteer [ More info ]
- Assist with food preparation following meal plans, under the direction of the Kitchen Coordinator
- Ensures presentation of food is attractive and quality of food meets hospice standards
- Assist with preparation of meal trays and plating of meals
- Work as a part of a transdisciplinary team
- Assist delivering meals to residents and removing trays from resident rooms
- Assist with food storage according to food safety standards
- Prepare snacks and tea and coffee as required
End of Life Volunteer [ More info ]
- Spend 15-30 minutes with residents in the end stages on their life who would like to be with someone
- Spending quiet time, listening to music, chatting, reading, praying etc.
Eatonville Care Centre
Peer Support [ More info ]
Individuals with a personal experience with cancer can use their experience to support others.
Wellspring Chinguacousy, Support Centre for Cancer Patients & Caregivers, Brampton