Food Services Volunteer (Brampton)
|Duties of Role||- Help serve the food |
- Help set up and and cleanup after meals
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- Opportunity to know and interact with clients and other volunteers and staff |
- Opportunity to learn and utilize your skills
- Opportunity to give back to your community by helping to serve food to the hungry
|Hours Awarded to Students||No|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Skills/Experience||- Ability to communicate well with people. |
- Smile and welcome clients.
- Gently encourage the use of proper manners and role model politeness and courtesy towards others.
- Always be soft spoken.
- Regardless of your food preferences, try to be enthusiastic about all food being served.
- Try to maintain a sense of humor and in all circumstances
- Compassionate friendly patient Excellent people skills.
|Qualifications/Certification||Handing food in a kitchen environment|
|Length of Commitment||Medium Term (between 3 to 6 months) - Up to 6 months and if you enjoy to continue helping|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Week|
|Transportation||Must Provide Own Transportation|
|Main Contact||Lucy Botchway, Manager Volunteers and Donor Relations, The Salvation Army; Phone: 905-791-7800 ext 1940; Fax: 905-273-7522; Email: email@example.com|
|Potential Schedule||Monday: Morning, Afternoon (Lunch is from 12-1:30 pm) |
Wednesday: Afternoon, Evening (Dinner is from 5pm - 6:30 pm)
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Brampton |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Areas of Interest||Food Services ; Shelter Coordination Support|
|Suitable For||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group ; Corporate Team/Group|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Peel. Social Services Department, Peel Family Shelter|
|Address & Map|