Food Service Volunteer (Mississauga)
|Duties of Role||- Help set-up and clean the kitchen after meals |
- Help serve the food
- Help tidy the kithen after meals
- Make meals fun and feel free to offer suggestions to the Kitchen Coordinator
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- Opportunity to know and interact with clients and other volunteers and staff |
- Opportunity to learn and utilize your skills
- Access to Salvation Army Employment Listings and Training
|Hours Awarded to Students||No|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Skills/Experience||- Smile and welcome clients, consider wearing a nametag so clients can call you by name. |
- Gently encourage the use of proper manners and role model politeness and courtesy towards others.
- Anticipate any behaviour concerns and defuse them before they develop by supervising and being involved.
- Always be soft spoken.
- Regardless of your food preferences, try to be enthusiastic about all food being served.
- Try to maintain a sense of humour and in all circumstances, remain calm.
|Qualifications/Certification||Compassionate, friendly, patient, excellent people skills.|
|Length of Commitment||Long Term (more than 6 months) - A commitment of 6 months or more is required for this role.|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Day|
|Main Contact||Lucy Botchway, Manager Volunteers and Donor Relations, The Salvation Army; Phone: 905-791-7800 ext 1940; Fax: 905-273-7522; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media Links||Website: www.peelregion.ca/ow/ourservices/community-program/peel-family-shelter.htm|
|Potential Schedule||Monday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Thursday: Afternoon, Evening
Friday: Afternoon, Evening
Saturday: Afternoon, Evening
Sunday: Afternoon, Evening
- Breakfast 7:00AM to 9:00AM
- Lunch 12:00 noon to 1:30PM (could extend to 2:00PM) based on number of clients
- Dinner 4:30PM to 5:30PM
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Mississauga: 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Orientation package must be read and signed, which includes understanding of all kitchen services policy and procedures ; Scheduled training - Training provided by Volunteer Manager and Food Services Worker|
|Areas of Interest||Food Services ; Shelter Coordination Support|
|Suitable For||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group|
|Comments||This volunteer role would be ideal for older adults, working individuals and faith groups.|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Peel. Social Services Department, Peel Family Shelter|
|Address & Map|