Fundraising Committee Member
|Duties of Role||Reporting to the Board of Directors Finance and Development Committee, the Fundraising Committee members will work closely with a team of committed leadership staff to support the |
activities in keeping with the organization’s mission through the acquisition of new financial sponsors and in-kind donors.
1. To strengthen development’s alignment to core mission, programs and services, and our work to end violence against women.
- Educate broader community about Interim Place’s mission, vision & mandate
- Encourage support from social and business networks by own example in helping to achieve fundraising success.
2. To maintain sound and ethical policies for fundraising
- Ensure that all fundraising undertaken in Interim Place’s name is consistent with our mission and policies.
- Ensure all fundraising activities are for approved priorities for funding
3. To increase fundraising success annually and long-term
- Solicit support from social and business networks for Interim Place’s two signature events “Steps to End Violence Against Women Walk” in July and “Rays of Hope Gala” in March for sponsorships, auction items and in kind donations such as printing, advertising, participant give away bags & items
- Facilitate introductions between the Manager of Development and potential fundraising contacts for Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Annual Giving, Sponsorships and / to support individuals and/or groups run 3rd Party Events where the proceeds will be donated to Interim Place.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||Benefits to Volunteer |
- Make a significant difference in the lives of the women and children supported by Interim Place
- Play a key role in shaping the direction and achievement of Interim Place’s fundraising goals
- Play a key role in how we communicate impact of the work that Interim Place does in the community
- Increase knowledge and experience in fundraising
- Broadens networking groups
|Hours Awarded to Students||No|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Skills/Experience||Fundraising Experience: |
- Expertise in fundraising events, planned giving, communications, planning or stewardship
- Previous volunteer experience with a charitable non-profit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Committed to Interim Place’s mission and vision
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
|Qualifications/Certification||Fundraising certification (CFRE) or (C.A.G.P) considered an asset |
|Length of Commitment||Long Term (more than 6 months) - minimum 1 year|
|Minimum Hours||10 / Month|
|Location||PO Box 45070 Mississauga, ON L5G 1C9|
|Link to Map||www.interimplace.com|
|Transportation||Volunteer are kindly requested to arrange their own transportation|
|Main Contact||Farheen Khan, Manager, Development, Interim Place; Phone: 905-403-9691 ext 2223; Fax: 905-403-9808; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media Links|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/interimplace1|
|Potential Schedule||Wednesday: Morning (8am - 9:30am) |
Our general hours of operations are from 9am - 5pm. However, fundraising commitee members will be asked to attend a monthly meeting on the 1st Wednesday of every month from 8am - 9:30am at our location.
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Brampton: 1 individual(s) ; Mississauga: 2 individual(s) |
3 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training-on-the-job|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Areas of Interest||Fundraiser/Fundraising|
|Suitable For||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|Comments||Please send a letter of interest along with a copy of a current resume and a copy of our volunteer application form (which you can download from our website) to Interim Place by email at: email@example.com Please include the words "Fundraising Committee Member" in your email subject line.|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Interim Place, Mississauga|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 45070 |
Mississauga, ON L5G 1C9
|Office Phone||905-403-9691 ext 2221|