Lunch Program Volunteer
|Duties of Role||1. Collect table cloths from Personal Support Worker (PSW) office based on how many people are attending. |
2. Set up tables with napkins and salt and pepper.
3. Get styrofoam plates and cups out of kitchen cupboards (may also need forks and knives depending on the type of food).
4. Take out juice and pop out of fridge and serve the residents their drink of choice as they come in.
5. If a resident is not present please go and knock on their door and remind them of the Lunch program. If they are not feeling well they can have their dinner in their room, but always encourage them to come first.
6. Sub Lunch- everyone gets their sub that they ordered. The sign up sheet will list what everyone has ordered.
7. Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Lunch – Everyone gets a KFC Package, 2 pieces of chicken and french fries.
8. If a resident is not home please put food in the fridge and let the Recreation Coordinator know so they can let them know when they get home.
9. Offer refills on drinks throughout the Lunch and ask if everything is ok.
10. Make sure to socialize with the residents.
11. When all the residents have left please put all plates, cups and anything else in the garbage and put left over drinks back into the fridge.
12. Take all table cloths downstairs with you and place them outside the PSW office.
13. Please lock the dining room door and exit through the elevator.
14. Sign out on the time sheet on the volunteer board.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- To provide an opportunity for socialization and interaction |
- To provide a different meal that resident’s would not ordinarily have for lunch or cook themselves (Sub Lunch, KFC Lunch etc…)
|Hours Awarded to Students||Yes|
|Ages||18 year(s) - 60 year(s)|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Skills/Experience||- Good communication skills and enjoys socializing with seniors |
- Likes to assist and help seniors
|Length of Commitment||Short Term (less than 3 months) - We ask for a minimum of 60 hours commitment from all our volunteers|
|Minimum Hours||60 (Total)|
|Location||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, 155 Forum Drive, Mississauga (Hurontario & Eglinton)|
|Link to Map||www.micba.com|
|Accessibility (AODA)||Fully Accessible|
|Transportation||On Bus Route ; - Accessible by highway and mississauga transit |
- Transportation to be covered by volunteer
|Main Contact||Lorraine Williams, Recreation/Volunteer Coordinator, MICBA Forum Italia Community Services; Phone: 905-507-2711 ext 4; Fax: 905-507-3016; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dates and Times||Thursday: Afternoon (12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. - once a month) |
This program runs on the 1st Wednesday of every month (once a month)
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Mississauga: 3 individual(s) |
3 individual(s) needed in total.
There is one volunteer position available
|Training||Orientation ; Scheduled training ; Training and orientation to be provided upon hire|
|Clients||Seniors 65 and older|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Areas of Interest||Companion/Friend ; Event Coordination ; Food/Meal Delivery ; Food/Meal Preparation/Serving ; Seniors (Work with)|
|Suitable For||Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, Forum Italia Seniors' Residence|
|Address & Map|
155 Forum Dr
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3M9
View Google Map