Walking and Friendly Visiting Volunteer
|Duties of Role||- To increase exercise participation. |
- To provide physical stimulation while in a fun and social atmosphere.
- To ensure interested residents have the opportunity to go outside, weather permitting, as often as possible.
- All interested residents are encouraged to participate.
- Ensure the experience is an enjoyable one for both the volunteer and the residents.
- Encourage conversation, reminiscing and interacting with each other.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- To motivate residents to walk. |
- An opportunity to socialize with the volunteer and other residents in the walking club.
|Hours Awarded to Students||Yes|
|Ages||14 year(s) - 60 year(s)|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Skills/Experience||- Exercise/fitness leader |
- Friendly, compassionate, good communication
- Good motivator
- Punctual and dependable
|Length of Commitment||Short Term (less than 3 months) - We ask for a minimum of 60 hour commitment from our volunteers|
|Minimum Hours||60 (Total)|
|Location||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, 155 Forum Drive, Mississauga (Hurontario & Eglinton)|
|Link to Map||www.micba.com|
|Accessibility (AODA)||Fully Accessible|
|Transportation||On Bus Route ; - Fully accessible by highway and Mississauga Transit |
- Transportation to be covered by volunteer
|Main Contact||Lorraine Williams, Recreation/Volunteer Coordinator, MICBA Forum Italia Community Services; Phone: 905-507-2711 ext 4; Fax: 905-507-3016; Email: email@example.com|
|Dates and Times||Tuesday: Morning (9:30 am a.m. to 11:00 a.m.) |
Thursday: Evening (6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
The program runs on various dates through out the week for at least one hour.
|Seasons||Year-round ; Outside walking when the weather is nice and inside walking when it is cold and raining.|
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Mississauga: 4 individual(s) |
4 individual(s) needed in total.
We need many volunteers to run programs on multiple days and times.
|Training||Orientation ; Scheduled training ; Orientation and training will be provided upon hire|
|Clients||Seniors over the age of 65|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Areas of Interest||Exercise/Fitness Leader ; Group Volunteering ; Recreational Activities ; Recreational Activities/Sports (General Help) ; Rehabilitation ; Seniors (Work with) ; Therapy ; Youth Volunteer|
|Suitable For||Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+) ; Family Group|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, Forum Italia Seniors' Residence|
|Address & Map|
155 Forum Dr
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3M9
View Google Map