|Duties of Role||This position requires working as part of a leadership team conducting colony programs in accordance with guidelines in Beaver program handbooks and By-Law, Policies and Procedures. |
- Provide children 5 to 7 years of age with appropriately challenging, weekly meetings. Weekly meetings include all elements of the Beaver program.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all members is maintained continually. This is a primary concern.
- Participate in colony planning meetings. Use program ideas that come from the Beavers themselves.
- Develop close working relations with other members of the team, and share the responsibility of operating the colony with all colony leaders.
- Help carry out the weekly program.
- Support and participate in special meetings and activities, including outings and family camping experiences.
- Know and use resource material available, including various handbooks.
- Maintain good relations with parents/guardians, and encourage activities, which involve them.
- Encourage recruitment of members, and help the Group Committee recruit other leaders.
- Take training for the position, including regular sharing sessions, special interest and outdoor activity skills.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- Working with youth |
- Having Fun
- Spending time with your own youth
- Working with other adults in a team setting
|Hours Awarded to Students||Yes|
|Ages||15 year(s) - 65 year(s)|
|Qualifications/Certification||Anyone looking to work with younger youth in a fun and team based environment or anyone looking to spend more time with their own youth in this age range.|
|Length of Commitment||Medium Term (between 3 to 6 months) - September to June|
|Minimum Hours||10 / Month|
|Location||Various Locations Across Peel Region|
|Main Contact||Justin Way, Council Field Executive, Scouts Canada; Phone: 905-510-6635; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media Links|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/scoutscanada|
|Potential Schedule||Monday: Evening |
Different groups meet on different days and times throughout the week. Please contact for more information.
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter ; September to June|
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Brampton: 1 individual(s) ; Caledon (Town of): 1 individual(s) ; Mississauga: 1 individual(s)|
|Training||Orientation ; Scheduled training ; Training on-going ; A basic online training course is offered as well as working within a group to develop the necessary skills for the program.|
|Clients||Youth aged 5 to 7|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Medium Group ; Large Group ; Will interact with youth aged 5 to 7 and their guardians. You will also be a part of a larger group of volunteers that represent a specific group in the community.|
|Areas of Interest||Camp Counsellor ; Children/Youth (Work with) ; Exercise/Fitness Leader ; Field Trip Aide ; Group Volunteering ; Mentor ; Program Management ; Recreational Activities ; Teaching/Instruction ; Troop/Youth Club Leader ; Youth Volunteer|
|Suitable For||Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Scouts Canada, Brampton, Mississauga & Caledon|
|Address & Map|
5-3024 Hurontario Street, Ste 305
Mississauga, ON L5B 4P4
View Google Map
|Office Phone||*905-299-6178 (Mississauga) |
*905-510-6635 (Brampton & Caledon)
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-726-8876|