Tea Time Volunteer
|Duties of Role||1. Start to prepare around 2:45 p.m. |
2. Fill kettle with water, plug in and wait until boils. Use 2 tea pots; weak tea takes 1 tea bag and strong tea takes 2 tea bags.
3. From tea cart, get out sugar, sweetner, and stir sticks. From the fridge get out milk. Place them all in the middle of the cart.
4. Gather 10 to 12 tea cups from the cupboard and place on one side of the tea cart.
5. Place two round cork mats on the opposite side of the cups on the tea cart and place the hot tea pots (one on each).
6.Push tea cart out to the main lobby at 3:00 p.m. (carpet must be folded over to avoid spills).
7. Serve the residents that need assistance and encourage all other able residents to serve themselves.
8.Introduce yourself, what you do, where you're from and so on to make conversation with the residents.
9. If there is a game planned please start the game at 3:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
10.Encourage residents to play the game, but if they really resist, allow them to simply watch.
11. Program lasts till about 4:00 p.m. or 4:30 p.m., depending on the resident's participation.
12. Take attendance (when in doubt, ask resident for their name).
13. Say goodbye and let the residents know the next time you willl be in.
14. Clean up. Collect all tea cups and push the cart back into the Rotary Room.
15. Put all cups, tea pots (empty tea bags in the garbage) and cookie trays into the dishwasher. Flip the dishwasher to on (the switch on the bottom). Wash all tea pots, tea cups and used utensils.
16. Lock up sugar, sweetner and stirrers, as well as all other things taken from inside the tea cart. Put all things back in the fridge and lock up.
17. Wipe down the tea cart with disinfectant.
18. Sign out on the time sheet on the volunteer board.
20. Slide attendance sheet under the door of the Volunteer Coordinator.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- To facilitate the use of leisure skills |
- To provide oppportunities for social interactions and a chance to meet new people and to develop new friendships.
- To provide opportunities for self-directed leisure involvement
- To provide opportunities for multicultural friendhsips
- To establish a forum which residents can discuss current events as well as other interests and concerns
|Hours Awarded to Students||Yes|
|Ages||15 year(s) and up|
|Minimum Hours||60 (Total)|
|Location||155 Forum Drive, Mississauga (Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue)|
|Link to Map||goo.gl/maps/v3WXr|
|Accessibility (AODA)||Fully Accessible|
|Transportation||On Bus Route|
|Main Contact||Lorraine Williams, Recreation/Volunteer Coordinator, MICBA Forum Italia Community Services; Senior's Residence; Phone: 905-507-2711 ext 4; Fax: 905-507-3016; Email: email@example.com|
|Social Media Links||Website: www.micba.com|
|Dates and Times||Tuesday: Afternoon (2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) |
Wednesday: Afternoon (2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Thursday: Afternoon (2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
|Seasons||Program is seven days a week, but volunteer will only work one of the days.|
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Mississauga: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Areas of Interest||Companion/Friend ; Event Coordination ; Food/Meal Delivery ; Rehabilitation ; Seniors (Work with) ; Therapy ; Youth Volunteer|
|Suitable For||Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, Forum Italia Seniors' Residence|
|Address & Map|
155 Forum Dr
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3M9
View Google Map