Volunteer for Mah Jongg (Card game)
|Duties of Role||Fluent Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)and English is required to communicate with program participants. Duties include: |
1. Know how to play and teach Mah Jongg.
2. Recruit and remind seniors of the program.
3. Start game and keep score.
4. Clean up at the end of the game.
5. Take attendance (if in doubt, ask residents for their name).
6. Sign out on time sheets at Volunteer Board.
7. Slide attendance sheet under Recreation/Volunteer Coordinator's door.
|Benefit(s) to the Volunteer||- Provide a chance for mental stimulation |
- Provide an opportunity for social interaction
|Hours Awarded to Students||Yes|
|Ages||15 year(s) - 80 year(s)|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Skills/Experience||- Need to know how to communicate with Chinese/Mandarin residents |
- Need solid knowledge of how to play Mah Jongg
- Need to be able to assist and teach seniors how to play
|Length of Commitment||Short Term (less than 3 months) - We ask for a minimum of 60 hours commitment from all our volunteers|
|Minimum Hours||60 (Total)|
|Location||155 Forum Drive, Mississauga (Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue)|
|Link to Map||www.micba.ca|
|Accessibility (AODA)||Fully Accessible|
|Transportation||On Bus Route ; - Accessible by highway and Mississauga Transit |
- Transportation to be covered by volunteer
|Main Contact||Lorraine Ogilvie, Recreation/Volunteer Coordinator, MICBA Forum Italia Community Services; Senior's Residence; Phone: 905-507-2711 ext 4; Fax: 905-507-3016; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Potential Schedule||- To be announced |
- Schedule will be flexible
- Once a week
|Number of Volunteers Req'd||Mississauga: 3 individual(s) |
3 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Orientation will be provided upon hire|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Areas of Interest||Seniors (Work with) ; Speech and Hearing ; Teaching/Instruction ; Youth Volunteer|
|Suitable For||Youth (16 to 18) ; Young Adult (19 to 24) ; Adult (24+)|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||MICBA Forum Italia Community Services, Forum Italia Seniors' Residence|
|Address & Map|
155 Forum Dr
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3M9
View Google Map