Our Place (Peel)
Our Place Peel Emergency Youth Shelter, Our Place Peel - Transitional Program
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Place-Peel/127995940603120|
|Description & Services|
|Description||14-bed emergency youth shelter provides crisis counseling and referral services within a supportive environment for young people (16-21yrs). The shelter, located in Mississauga, offers assistance by trained staff (Mon-Sun 24 hours). |
The average length of stay is three weeks.
The goals of Our Place II are:
* To provide safe shelter and crisis counseling to homeless youth within their community, enabling them to remain close to family, friends, school and employment contacts.
* To facilitate family reconciliation, if feasible.
* To make referrals to ongoing clinical support and necessary counseling.
* To help youth take responsibility for themselves, their actions, behavior and future within a supportive environment.
Provides access to a RESOURCE ROOM offering: Computer and Internet Access; Job Search Support; Job Skills Training and Development; Educational and Future Planning.
The transitional program is located on the lower
level of the Our Place Peel facility at 3579 Dixie Road
• Youth ages 16-21 are eligible to participate in the
• In order to participate in the Transitional Program, youth
must first be referred into the Our Place Peel Emergency
Youth Shelter. Youth within the Emergency Youth Shelter
may then be nominated to the Transitional Program.
• Youth are able to stay in the Transitional Program for up
to 3 months.
• Youth within the Transitional Program participate in
a comprehensive case management program, with
mandatory programs to assist them in developing all
aspects of their life.
• Youth within the Transitional Program may be asked to
pay rent based upon their income.
• There are 6 beds in the Transitional Program. Youth within
the program share a room with one other resident.
• The Transitional Program is a co-operative living
environment and all residents within the program will
participate in various chores.
• The Transitional Program is a zero
|Hours||* Office Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm |
* Youth shelter Mon -Sun 24 hours
Transitional Hours Mon - Fri 9am to 4pm
|Areas Served||Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 21 year(s)|
|Application||Self referral; referrals can be made by calling 905-238-1383|
|Address||3579 Dixie Rd|
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2B3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Dixie Rd/Burnhamthorpe Rd E|
|Transit Information||26 Burnhamthorpe or 5 Dixie|
|Mailing Address||c/o Our Place Peel |
1325 Eglinton Avenue E, 214
Mississauga, ON L4W 4L9
|Office Phone||*Administration 905 614-1215 |
*Emergency Youth Shelter 905-238-1383
|After Hours Phone||905 238-1383|
|Primary Contact||Jason Montgomery, Director of Programs, Our Place Peel; Phone: 905-238-1383 ext 45; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Jen Lema, Shelter Manager; Phone: 905-238-1383 ext 41; Fax: 905-238-6916; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Christy Upshall, Executive Director, Our Place Peel; Phone: 905-614-1215 ext 201; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Peel Region ; Provincial - Ontario Ministry of Family, Community & Children's Services ; Donations ; United Way - Peel Region ; Foundation - Ontario Trillium Foundation ; Regional/Municipal - Peel Region; Donations; United Way - Peel Region|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Homeless people ; Information and referral ; Job search training ; Life skills training ; Residential care ; Volunteer opportunities ; Youth|