Peel Region, Mississauga East
|Social Media||Website: www.peelearlyyears.com/|
|Description & Services|
|Description||The Ontario Early Years Centre offers a range of free education and parenting services for all parents/caregivers and their children (up to 6yrs). |
* Family time (0-6yrs) A program for parents/caregivers and their children(0-6 years) that focuses on promoting positive child development in informal relaxed environment. Activity stations, arts and crafts and circle/story time are available.
* Adjustments after birth Drop in, non-professional peer support for mothers experiencing Postpartum Mood adjustments.
* Baby Fun (0-12mths) Parents explore early learning activities with their baby and network with other parents and caregivers
* Baby Sign Language (0-12mths) This basic ability to communicate before they can talk, gives babies a great boost to their self esteem, helps parents and caregivers appreciate the intelligence of their babies, and can dramatically reduce the frustration that parents and babies experience when communication is difficult.
*Developing Literacy Skills An interactive program (3.5 - 6 years). This program focuses on promoting language competence in children. The children will develop and practice their reading skills and communication.
* Focus on Science (3,5-6yrs) Fun filled hands on activities that enhance children's natural wonder for science through exploration, comparison,estimation and sensory experiences.
* Jolly Jingles (3,5-6yrs) A program for children where they learn to use jolly jingles songs and actions as a fun and interactive way of learning letter sounds.
* Family Esso Math (4-6yrs) Introducing games and activities that reinforce skills and develop math skills.
*Making a Story Book. An interactive group experience for parents and their children which focus on rhymes, songs and stories for the purpose to motivate children to become mini authors. Parents/caregivers and children will spend quality time together assembling a custom book and the end result will become a treasure for years to come.
* Music and Movement (birth-6yrs) An interactive program to introduce children to the concepts of music, movement and creative play to encourage listening skills, imitation and gross motor development.
* Mother Goose (0-18mths) Parents and children learn rhymes, songs and stories
Children improve language and pre-literacy skills.
* Little Chef's (3,5-6yrs) Children participate in age appropriate food preparation with their parents. Learn about nutrition and the role it plays in healthy development of children
*Toddler Time. A program for parents/caregivers and their toddlers 19–30 months. This program uses arts and crafts, structured activities and circle/story time.
* School Here I Come.
Children beginning Kindergarten in the upcoming September (i.e. ages 3,5 – 6 yrs). This is an 6-week program for children entering Kindergarten the following September. Children will participate in activities that will prepare them for the school environment. Children graduate at the end of the session; therefore children attend only one session.
*Reading Circle. A program for parents and children (0-6 years) to promote love for books and discover the joy of reading, literacy through songs, rhymes and story books.
2 Satellite Locations
*Brian W. Fleming Public School, 3255 Havenwood Dr, Mississauga, ON L4A3A9
*Central Parkway Plaza, 377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E, Unit 111, Mississauga, ON L5A 3Y1
|Hours||Call for schedules & hours |
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) and under |
Parents and Caregivers with children (up to 6yrs)
|Address||3160 Tomken Rd|
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2Y6
View Google Map
|Intersection||North of Dundas St E/South of Bloor|
|Office Phone||905-276-6392 |
|Primary Contact||Irene Malikov; Phone: 905-276-6392 ext 221; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Magdalena Diaz, Manager, Family Services, Dixie Bloor Yearly Years Centre; Phone: 905-276-6392 ext 224; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Crafts ; Drop-in centres ; Early childhood education ; Information and referral ; Learning centres ; Literacy ; Nutrition ; Parent and child programs ; Parenting support ; Postnatal care ; Pregnancy ; Prenatal care ; Preschool children ; Teen mothers ; Toy libraries|