|Social Media||Website: www.informationoakville.org/|
|Office Phone||*Information Line: 905-815-2046 |
|Address||120 Navy Street|
Oakville, ON L6J 2Z4
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Oakville|
|Site Location||Oakville Public Library Central Branch, Centennial Square|
|Intersection||Lakeshore Rd/Navy St|
|Mailing Address||c/o Oakville Public Library |
120 Navy St
Oakville, ON L6J 2Z4
|Description||A community information centre providing information and referral to services and programs. |
* operates a free and confidential telephone information and referral service providing individuals and organizations with current information on services available for Oakville residents.
* information on government services and agencies; social service organizations; support groups; health education and support; legal services; financial assistance; housing and landlord tenant issues; recreation; hobby and interest groups and cultural activities.
* maintains a walk-in centre that provides free verbal information and referral, houses a large display of free pamphlets, flyers, newspapers, newsletters and brochures and maintains a community notice board
* prepares newcomer packages for purchase by individuals or groups
* provides publications of various lists of community organizations
* prepares individual lists of services from an extensive database for a fee, either electronically or in print
* maintains current calendar of events in Oakville that is available through the Oakville Public Library website
* in co-operation with the other Halton Information centres, makes available the Halton Community Services Database and the Halton Community Services Directory
The Halton Community Services Database is a database of approximately 4,000 records pertaining to non-profit and government organizations providing services in the Halton area. The database contains the names, addresses, phone numbers and a listing of major services or programs. Information Oakville keeps current approximately 1,700 records contained in the database which are located in Oakville. The database is available via the Internet and at all library branches.
Information Oakville is a founding member of Halton Information Providers (HIP). The purpose of HIP is to support the needs of the residents of the Regional Municipality of Halton by maintaining consistent and credible standards of community and human service information.
Information Oakville is also a founding member of the Community Information Online Consortium (CIOC). CIOC is a consortium of information providers who are using the software which the Halton Information Providers and the Halton libraries designed and developed.
|Hours||Information Desk |
Regular Hours: Sept-Jun,
Mon-Thu 9:30 am-9 pm, Fri & Sat 9:30 am-5 pm, Sun 1 pm-5 pm
Summer Hours: Jul & Aug,
Mon-Thu 10 am-8 pm, Fri & Sat 10 am-5 pm, Sun 1 pm-5 pm
Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
|Dates||Closed Statutory holidays; Christmas & New Years Eve|
|Fees||Publications - fee for publications ; None - for services|
|Primary Contact||Helen Andrews, Community Information Database Coordinator; Phone: 905-815-2042 ext 5091; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Pat Ramsden, Community Information Database Assistant; Phone: 905-815-2042 ext 5059|
|Print Material||Oakville Rental Facilities |
Oakville Service Clubs
Oakville Religious Organizations
New to Oakville Packages for sale at the Adult Circulation Desk of the Oakville Public Library, Central Branch.
|Service Level||(10) Local Government|
|Subjects||Information and referral|