You performed a search for: Subjects: Cancer
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
|Record #||Organization / Program Name(s)||Address||Office Phone||Description||Hours||My List|
|CDR0109||Camp Oochigeas||464 Bathurst Street E
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
|416-961-6624||Camp Oochigeas is a privately funded, volunteer based organization that provides kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching experiences.
Camp programs include:
* Summer camp program - three two-week sessions for children (6-19yrs) with cancer
* Camp Teomul - a one-week session for bereaved siblings
* 7SCAPE - a one-week session for newly diagnosed teenagers
* Ooch Upstream - A two-week wilderness experience which allows teenagers to test limits and develop leadership skills in order to become strong, capable adults
* Weekends At Camp - seven fall and winter weekends at camp
* In-City program which includes year-round community based programming; This program will allows our campers and children who are either too young or unable to attend summer camp, the opportunity to experience Ooch during the year. Ooch remains the only residential camp in Ontario to offer IV chemotherapy on site so even children in the intense phase of their cancer treatment can still experience camp.
In-Hospital Program: We currently have 5 In-Hospital Program Specialists who provide programming to in-patients and out-patients seven days a week. In addition there is programming four evenings a week led by Ooch volunteers.
|Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.||Add Record|
|BRA0053||Trillium Health Partners, Queensway Health Centre||150 Sherway Dr
Etobicoke, ON M9C 1A5
|416-259-6671||Urgent medical care * doctors and nurses assess and treat non-life-threatening injuries or illnesses that cannot wait for a family doctor * no emergency department
The types of illnesses and injuries seen in the Urgent Care Centre include:
*Sore throat, earache, cough, fever
*Limb injuries (possible breaks or dislocations)
*Insect bites, allergies
*Skin rashes, infections
*Eye complaints or injuries