- Used For
You performed a search for: Subjects: Conflict resolution
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
|Record #||Organization / Program Name(s)||Address||Office Phone||Description||Hours||My List|
|CMH0186||Peel Children's Centre, Children's Mental Health Centre, Group Services||85A Aventura Crt
Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y6
|Intake 905-451-4655||Group Services offers a broad spectrum of groups and workshops related to child and family functioning in order to help children and youth meet developmental expectations at home, in school and in the community. These services are designed to:
- help parents and children develop strategies for coping with the concerns in their lives
- give opportunities for parents and/or children to interact and learn from each other
- provide information for parents on specific issues.
Group Services are free of charge. Peel Children's Centre staff facilitate the groups and childcare is available for most groups.
Note: some treatment groups require an assessment to determine appropriateness for the specific group.
A brochure with the current schedule of groups or workshops can be downloaded from www.peelcc.org/services/family-group-services, or will be mailed upon request. Please call 905-795-3500 to request the Groups brochure.
|CDR0193||Peel Family Mediation Services||7755 Hurontario St, Room 250
Brampton, ON L6W 4T1
|905-456-4700 ext 5662||A not-for-profit, organization with charitable status this program offers: * court-based family mediation services * family law information sessions called Mandatory Information Program (MIP) * community education * outreach & research * interpreter services are arranged for clients upon request *Information and Referral Coordinators are available daily to provide free information pertaining to family matters||Office Hours: Mon-Fri from 8:30 am-4:30 pm
After hours may be available on a case by case basis
|CDR0240||Youth Without Shelter||6 Warrendale Crt
Etobicoke, ON M9V 1P9
|416-748-0110||Youth Without Shelter is an emergency residence and referral agency serving homeless youth (16-24yrs), providing food, board, and programs in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
Programs and services include:
* CRISIS PHONE LINE: Counselling and referrals are available 24 hours a day 416-748-0110
* RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM: provides food, board, counseling, and referrals to health (physical, dental, optical), legal, and other services.
* STEPS TO SUCCESS PROGRAM: Workshops are run 7 days a week on issues pertaining to life skills (anger management, conflict resolution, budgeting, cooking) and employment skills (job searching skills, resume- and cover-letter writing, interviewing, job retention).
* HOUSING PROGRAM: Includes workshops and counseling on tenant rights, living with roommates, finding housing, etc. Helps clients coordinate move-ins and is often able to provide donated furniture and kitchen goods. Housing Program workers liaise with landlords and assist in housing searches and placements.
* STAY-IN-SCHOOL: Designed to support younger residents through the successful completion of their education. Residence, study space, meals, and school supplies are provided.
* EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM: Provides dedicated counselling for employment assessments; job search; resume writing; interview skill development; and connection to career and shadowing and volunteer opportunities.
* CONTINUING SUPPORT: Offers support to former residents through The Supper Club that meets every other week, offering dinner, a take-home food package, hygiene products, and counseling. Counseling, referral services, and workshops are all made available to former residents.
|Mon-Sun 24 hours||Add Record|