You performed a search for: Subjects: Social work services
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
|Record #||Organization / Program Name(s)||Address||Office Phone||Description||Hours||My List|
|CWL0017||Central West Community Care Access Centre||199 County Court Blvd
Brampton, ON L6W 4P3
|905-796-0040||Provides residents of the Central West LHIN geography with a single point of access to information and referral for all community health and support services including case management, nursing services, rehabilitation services, homemaking and personal care * arranges admission to long-term care facilities and short stay programs * provides school health support services for children with health needs in the school setting * funded and regulated by Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care||Mon-Sun 8 am-8 pm; On Call Case Manager 8 pm-8 am||Add Record|
|MHL0129||Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre||401 The West Mall, Ste 1001
Etobicoke, ON M9C 5J5
|905-855-9090||Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are the local point of access to community-based health care services. CCACs provide access to government-funded in-home health care and community services, and long-term care homes. They also provide information about local community support service agencies and can link people to these agencies. CCAC staff work in partnership with clients, families, care providers, hospitals, long-term care homes and others to ensure that the right care is available at the right time and place.
Co-ordinate in-home services through trusted care providers in the community who have completed a quality review and are under contract to provide services on behalf of the CCAC:
* nursing * personal support (bathing, dressing, etc.) * physiotherapy *occupational therapy * speech-language therapy * social work * nutritional counseling * medical supplies and equipment
Additional support services available in the community such as:
* meal delivery and dining programs * homemaking and home help * caregiver relief * transportation services * community dining * friendly visiting * supportive housing * adult day programs in a supervised protective setting (recreational activities, exercise programs, educational discussions)
Specialized Services may be available for those with specific health needs such as: * acquired brain injury * mental health and addictions * convalescent care * alzheimer’s disease and related dementias * stroke recovery * palliative care
School Health Support Services may be available for children with health needs that impact their ability to learn at school
* physiotherapy * occupational therapy * speech therapy * nursing
Community Clinics may provide care including * IV therapy * wound care * rehabilitation, etc. (referrals made through local CCAC Branch)
Long Term Care Options:
* Retirement Homes – residents maintain personal independence but are provided with light assistance such as meals, laundry and housekeeping. (privately owned and operated)
* Long-Term Care Homes - provide accommodation and services for those who can no longer live independently. * nursing * personal care * on-call physician care * treatment and medication administration * assistance with daily living activities * 24-hr supervision * room and board * laundry * special diets * pastoral services * social and recreation programs. (funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care)
* Short Stay – a short term stays available at all long-term care homes for caregiver respite or recovery from illness or surgery. (funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care)
Mississauga-Halton offices are located at:
401 The West Mall, Ste 1001 * Etobicoke, ON * M9C 5J5
12 Martin St * Milton, ON * L9T 2P9
2655 North Sheridan Way, Ste 140 * Mississauga, ON * L5K 2P8
|Office Mon -Sunday 8:30am-9pm
* On Call Case Management 9pm- 8:30am
|CDR0084||Peel District School Board||HJA Brown Education Centre
5650 Hurontario St
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
|905-890-1099; Automated Attendant 905-890-1010||Provides elementary and secondary school education according to requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education. Guidance counselling is given to students in liaison with teachers and parents.
For more information about FRENCH LANGUAGE SCHOOLS in Peel see entries for Conseil Scolaire De District Centre-Sud-Ouest (Public) and Conseil Scolaire de District Catholique Centre-Sud (Catholic French).
ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Daytime Adult Education for diploma purposes; and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are offered at various locations in Peel.
Brampton/Caledon 905-890-1099 ext 2632
Mississauga 905-890-1099 ext 2684
Run by a community-based committee approved by the Board of Education. The committee is responsible for the rental of schools to outside groups (eg, Scouts, Guides, sports groups, etc).
933 Central Pkwy W, Mississauga, ON * 905-279-4258
Makes available to teachers, reusable materials that industries in Peel consider surplus to their needs.
PEEL ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS
Alternative secondary schools offering programs from Grades 7-12, for adolescents not functioning effectively in the regular classroom, and who wish to improve their performance. The Senior Alternative Program is for adults and students (16yrs and over) who need a more independent form of education.
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORK
School social workers assist schools in identifying and removing those obstacles in students or in their environment which interfere with their ability to benefit from educational experiences. Services include consultation, short-term and attendance counselling, crisis intervention, and liaison with the community.
SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM SERVICES
Coordinates formal assessment of children with special education needs, and placement in programs for students with special physical, communication or intellectual needs, including those with physical disabilities, specialized language needs or learning disabilities. Offers these services at various locations.
|Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm||Add Record|
|CDR0038||Trillium Health Centre, Children's Services||100 Queensway W
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
|905-848-7100||Trillium Health Centre offers one of the largest, most comprehensive childrens programs in the region. Services include:
* Asthma Education Centre
Offers children and their families information to become more proactive in monitoring and controlling asthma.
* Autism Services
Trillium Health Centre is a subcontractor for Erinoak, who is the lead agency for a new Autism Initiative. Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) is provided for children meeting designated criteria.
* Canadian Clinic For Adopted Children
Offers medical and developmental consultation services to individuals and their families involved in domestic and international adoption.
* Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
Provides outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents and their families.
* Children's Emergency Follow-up Consultation Clinic
Children are seen by a pediatrician within 1-3 days when an urgent referral is made by an Emergency Care Centre physician or by a family physician after children have been seen and discharged from the Emergency Care Centre.
* Children's Procedure Clinic
Blood tests and other minor procedures are done by pediatric nurses in a child-friendly environment.
* Intensive Care Nursery
Trillium's Level II Nursery has a 14-bed capacity and provides care to newborns requiring intensive care supporting short-term ventilation of pre-term infants (33wks gestation or greater). Lactation consultants are available to support breastfeeding.
* Kidz Klinic
Walk-in/after hours clinic provides care for children beyond the hours offered by most pediatricians and family physicians.
* Neonatal Follow-up Clinic
Offers developmental assessments for infants who have been identified as being potentially at risk for developmental delay.
* Pediatric Diabetes Clinic (REGIONAL PROGRAM)
A multidisciplinary team helps children and their families to learn about diabetes and how to better manage it.
* Pediatric Outpatient Services (POPS)
150 Sherway Dr, Etobicoke
A multidisciplinary assessment/treatment program whose team includes occupational therapists, psychologists and speech and language pathologists. Provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment for preschoolers (2-5½yrs) who have developmental disabilities such as autism or Aspergers disorder.
For residents of Mississauga & West end Etobicoke or surrounding areas whose doctors have admitting privileges at Trillium.
* Pediatric Sexual Assault Service (REGIONAL PROGRAM)
Provides medical and counseling support to children and their families.
* Pediatrics Unit: 15-bed inpatient unit provides care and treatment to children (up to 18yrs).
* Peel Behavioral Services
Offers functional behavioural assessments, individual behavioural programs, brief interventions, consultative assistance, educational sessions, groups and a resource library for children (2yrs & over) and their families. Treatment provided in-home, in daycare settings and in schools.
Appointment necessary; must be residents of Peel Region.
* Infant and Child Development Services Peel (for children 6yrs & under)
Offers family-centred intervention to families of infants and young children with developmental risks. Provides in-home or office visits, consultation, assessment and screening.
* SOCIAL WORK
Provides assessment and counseling to children, adolescents and their families who are coping with physical and/or mental health conditions, hospitalization, conflicts, trauma and loss.
* SURGERY SERVICES
Provides surgical procedures for children including tonsillectomies, ear tubes, hernia repairs etc.
|CDR0064||Trillium Health Centre, Children's Services, Social Work||100 Queensway W
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
|905-848-7493||Provides assessment and counseling to children, adolescents and their families who are coping with physical and/or mental health conditions, hospitalization, conflicts, trauma and loss. The service refers to community resources to address health and psycho-social needs post-discharge.||Add Record|
|CDR0229||Trillium Health Centre, Women's Health Services, Prenatal Assessment, Family Care Centre, Mississauga||100 Queensway W
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
Preparing for your birth begins with a visit to your doctor to confirm your pregnancy. To have your baby at our centre, your doctor must have privileges to deliver babies here.
Our Prenatal Service Department offers a wide range of support services to assist you and your partner throughout your pregnancy.
These services include:
* Prenatal Registration Session: 3 hour teaching session with a brief nurse assessment and prenatal tour. Information covered in this session consists of: nutritional awareness, early labour signs, when to come to hospital, what to bring to hospital, labour support and pain relief options. During this session, the RN will briefly review your history and discuss any additional resources you may require.
* Vaginal Birth after a Caesarean Section Clinic: Can I have a vaginal birth this time if my last baby was born by a C/S? Yes you can attempt a Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section if you have had only one Caesarean Section
* A referral to the VBAC Clinic (Vaginal birth After Caesarean) Clinic will be considered by your Doctor or Midwife based on the following criteria: two years since your last birth and previous birth Records are available
* Special Pregnancy Clinic: Offers care closer to home for those women requiring a high-risk consultation with a perinatologist. This is a collaborative practice model with obstetricians at Trillium Health Centre and Mount Sinai Hospital.
* Neonatal Consultation Clinic: Offers consultation with a neonatologist in the prenatal period for: parents whose infants may require the services of the Intensive Care Nursery, or parents who may have questions regarding implications of maternal illness or fetal anomaly on ultrasound.
|Prenatal Assessment: Day, Evening and Weekend Appointments are available. Our hours are 9am-9pm.||Add Record|