You performed a search for: Subjects: Personal growth programs
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
|Record #||Organization / Program Name(s)||Address||Office Phone||Description||Hours||My List|
|CDR0060||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel||71 West Dr, Unit 23
Brampton, ON L6T 5E2
|905-457-7288||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel provides mentoring programs to help promote the healthy development of children and youth (6-17yrs) in Peel Region.
Programs offered for children include:
* One-to-One Mentoring - matches a child 6 - 17 years of age (Little Brother/Little Sister) with a caring adult (Big Brother/Big Sister) over the age of 18. Matches are encouraged to plan fun and low cost activities 2 - 4 times per month for 1 year. Monthly agency sponsored recreational activities are provided. Unique opportunities to mentor a child together as a couple or as a female volunteer matched with a young boy are also available in our Couples for Kids Program and Big & Little Buddy Program.
* Group Mentoring - Five volunteers mentor ten children one weeknight from Sept-June in local schools throughout the Region. Outing costs are covered by the agency. Activities include floor hockey and sports, community tours, swimming and more.
* Big Bunch - A program designed for children on the waiting list. Activities are planned by the agency and volunteers sign up to bring children to at least one outing per month.
* In-School Mentoring offered in partnership with the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board this program matches elementary girls and boys with a caring adult mentor. Matches meet for one hour during school hours and on school property to share in fun activities.
* Teen Mentoring - This school based program matches elementary students with caring youth mentors ages 15 and up from a nearby participating secondary school. Matches meet at the same time each week in a supervised group setting.
* Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds - A school based mentoring program for girls in Grades 7 and 8. The program curriculum promotes active living, healthy eating and positive self esteem. Female mentors ages 18 - 25 years are trained to lead the fun and interactive sessions over 7 weeks.
*Game On! Eat Smart, Play Smart, Live Smart - A seven week school based mentoring program for boys ages 11 - 14. Explore pressing issues facing boys and young men through physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem and communication skills. Male mentors are fully trained to lead sessions in participating schools.
* Conversation Club provides new Canadian youth (12 - 18) with opportunities to integrate into Canadian society, to practice English conversation skills and receive homework help from youth mentors (16 - 24). Offered in partnership with the Centre for Education and Training and funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
VOLUNTEER MENTOR ROLE Volunteers for most programs must commit to a minimum of one year or one school based year with the exception of Go Girls!, Game On! and Conversation Club.
|Flexible depending on program||Add Record|
|CDR0047||Boys and Girls Clubs of Peel Region||315 Traders Blvd E, Unit 11
Mississauga, ON L4Z 3E5
|905-712-1789||Provides a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Operates the following programs:
* Youth Programs providing social/recreational activities designed to enhance the growth and development of children and youth in a group setting.
* After School and Evening Programs promoting active social/recreational participation, homework and computer/internet access among children and youth in a safe and caring environment.
* Breakfast for Kids supporting community and school based breakfast, snack or lunch programs to address the problem of hungry children in Peel schools.
|Varies from site to site||Add Record|
|CDR0046||Erin Mills Youth Centre||3010 The Collegeway
Mississauga, ON L5L 4X9
|905-820-3577||Offers the following programs:
*DAILY HOT BREAKFAST PROGRAMS:
Every school day for all school aged children, throughout the whole year
*AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS:
Recreation and Leisure activities from September-June at various sites in West Mississauga.
- Good Eats - Prepare meals as a group
- Girlz Club - Self esteem building, positive self image, basic cooking skills
- Boyz Club - Self -esteem building
- Drop-in basketball - Skills and drills
- Express Yourself - Expressing oneself thru drama
- You & Media - Learning communication thru media
- Pre-Employment - Resume building
- Arts & Music - Learning different techniques of Arts and experimenting different instruments
- Be Active, Eat Well, Feel Good - After School program partnered with the City of Mississauga
- Yoga - partnered with the City of Mississauga
- After School Programs in two locations: Homelands Public School
& Thorn Lodge Public School - Sports, Health & Wellness activities
Summer Day Camp (6-17yrs) and youth drop in centre (over 15yrs)
Spring Vacation Day Camp
|*After School 3:30pm-8pm
*Summer programs 9am-5pm
|CDR0126||The Duke of Edinburghs Award, Ontario Office||416-203-2282||Achievement award for young Canadians. Offers opportunities to broaden their interests and experience under adult guidance and assessment through participation in a program of practical, cultural and adventurous activities chosen to suit individuals aptitudes and related to local needs and conditions.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award fosters self-discipline, enterprise and perseverance in all young people, including young offenders, aboriginal youth, special needs youth. The Award involves comprehensive individual development, self-training and personal achievement, and is based upon individual effort and improvement, taking into account the initial capabilities of the participant.
The Awards mandate is to ensure that all young people, especially Inner-City youth, youth with challenges, rural and northern youth, aboriginal youth and young offenders are provided with the opportunity to participate in the program.
Please see website for further details
|Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm||Add Record|